Are you a military member looking to transition into the civilian workforce?
The decision to retire from the military is not an easy one. I know, I’ve been there. In 2011, after many discussions, my spouse, CPO2 Jim Bell, retired from the Royal Canadian Navy after 29 + years and transitioned into a successful civilian career.
They say that behind every successful man there is supportive women and so it was with us. With my extensive back ground in recruiting and hiring in the civilian world, plus my knowledge as a certified career coach, I helped him with writing his resume, interviewing and how the hiring process works in the civilian world. Additionally I coached him on what to expect in the interview, how recruiters think and then helped him with the transition into work in a civilian work environment coaching him on the cultural and social differences.
Since then I have helped numerous Military members find their second careers. So if you need:
- Help in choosing a career that you are passionate about.
- Resume development – the art and science behind building a resume that gets noticed.
- Interviewing skills – develop your success stories, practice, practice, practice.
- Job search techniques – social media, job boards, how to tap into the hidden job market.
- Recruiters – who they are and how to use them.
- Networking skills, how to do this successfully.
- A career marketing plan, create your plan and work your plan.
Military members need specialized support and someone that understands what the challenges are. My passion is to help, honor and serve those that have served our country.
Call me for a free consultation to see what career coaching can do for you. 902-440-6727 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org